ASME Wind Turbine – eLearning
Study in your own time: Restrictions of rotas and training dates are a thing of the past with our new ASME Wind Turbine eLearning
The ASME Wind Turbine Inspection course provides the fundamental knowledge of the wind turbine structure, its pressure systems and lifting equipment. On completion of the training, and after successfully passing the end of course examination, delegates are issued with a certificate of completion from ASME. These certificates are currently non-renewable.
- The objectives of inspection
- Statutory-v-non-statutory inspections and reporting requirements
- Pressure System Safety Regulations (PSSRs)
- Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER)
- Written schemes of examination (WSE)
- Inspection of the tower structure
- Inspection of lifting equipment and accessories
- Inspection of pressure systems
- Suitable NDE techniques
- Damage severity and reporting formats
- Inspection reporting
- Report objectives and formats
- Descriptive-v-exception reporting
- Recommendations and calls to action
The examination consists of 2 parts;
- A closed book examination involving narrative questions and answers, and
- An open book examination involving code interpretations and calculations
Approx. 30 hours of training with 3 month online access.
All of the same content as our 3-day classroom course however with more time, so you can work your way through each topic comfortably at your own pace. This means plenty time to return to each module and revise till your heart (or brain!) is content. You can arrange to sit your exam as soon as you feel confident, you do not have to wait till the end of your online training access before sitting your exam.
When & Where Do I Sit The ASME Examination On Completion Of eLearning?
The fantastic thing about eLearning is that it screams flexibility! You have 2 options when it comes to the exam. You can sit this from the comfort of your own home providing you have a reliable internet connection and webcam or alternatively you can attend our office based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. Both methods of examination will be invigilated by a member of our Wilkinson Coutts team.
Why Choose eLearning?
- Cost effective: No venue, travel, catering or accommodation fees to pay
- Study in your own time: Restrictions of rotas and training dates are a thing of the past
- Study on the go: Our courses are mobile friendly, meaning you don’t have to be in front of a computer.
- 24-7 access to our eLearning platform available on laptop, desktop, mobile and tablet. All you require is a reliable internet connection.
- Study at your own pace: There are no time restrictions and you can reread the content as many times as you like till you feel completely comfortable in your understanding
- Lacking confidence: Not everybody feels comfortable learning in a large group, but eLearning allows everyone to tackle the subject at their own pace, with interactive tasks ensuring a thorough understanding throughout each of our training modules.
- Eco-Friendly: Paperless learning
- 1 to 1 communication: Our lecturers will still be on hand to take calls and answer e-mails should you require further support with any topic or module. Alternatively, Skype or zoom video calls can also be arranged.
Prefer to do classroom based training? See our classroom course page.
ASME Wind Turbine Inspector eLearning