API SIFE have specific ideas about vessel dimensions.
For today’s topic during SIFE week, we will be looking at some of the terms used in the SIFE study guide.
· Levelness: Parallel to a horizontal baseplate (perpendicular to plumb-bob): Not covered in ASME VIII-I
· Orientation: Degrees from a vertical centreline in plan view
· Projection: Length of nozzle/attachment from vessel shell centreline
· Elevation: Height above baseplate of lower head tan-line
· Out-of-roundness: Ovality (As UG-80)
If you have any questions about the Wilkinson Coutts API SIFE Inspector Cert training (residential or on-line), contact Paul Wilkinson or Craig Coutts with these emails:
Our new website went live last week.
It now has regular news-post updates.
Please bear with us while we copy over posts from the past few weeks to our new site.